A WHOLE NEW VIEW
A Whole New View
Introduction
Some adventures begin with maps and treasure.
Others begin with a simple eye test.
When Elliscia, Sienna and Alaïa visit the opticians for the very first time, they discover exciting machines, colourful glasses and a surprise that changes the way one sister sees the world forever. Join them on a heartwarming family adventure about bravery, growing up and discovering that sometimes, a whole new view is the best adventure of all. 💙
Chapter 1
"Girls, are your shoes on?" Mum called.
"Yes!" shouted Elliscia.
"Nearly!" said Sienna.
"I'm ready!" giggled Alaïa.
Today was a little different.
Mum smiled as she picked up her handbag.
"We're all going on an adventure."
The girls climbed into the car, wondering where they were going.
"Are we going to the beach?" asked Alaïa.
"No."
"The park?" guessed Sienna.
"No."
Elliscia looked out of the window.
"I think I know..."
A few minutes later they pulled into the car park outside the opticians.
It was all three sisters' very first eye test.
Chapter 2
Inside, everything looked bright and welcoming.
There were rows of colourful glasses.
Tiny glasses.
Big glasses.
Round ones.
Square ones.
Blue, pink, purple and green.
"Wow!" whispered Sienna.
"I didn't know there were this many!"
The receptionist smiled.
"Hello girls! Welcome."
Each sister received a special sticker for being brave.
Even before the eye tests had started, everyone was smiling.
Chapter 3
Elliscia was called first.
She followed the optometrist into a room filled with interesting machines.
"What does this one do?" she asked.
"You'll soon find out," the optometrist smiled.
First came the little puff of air.
"Puff?"
Pfft!
Elliscia blinked and laughed.
"That surprised me!"
Then she looked into different machines and read smaller and smaller letters from across the room.
Some looked a little blurry.
The optometrist changed the lenses.
"How about now?"
Elliscia smiled.
"That's much clearer!"
Chapter 4
While Elliscia finished her eye test, Sienna and Alaïa waited with Mum.
Soon it was Sienna's turn.
She covered one eye.
Then the other.
She matched shapes and read the letters she could see.
When she came back, she grinned.
"That was fun!"
Now it was Alaïa's turn.
She climbed onto the big chair.
It moved up and down.
"Wheee!" she laughed.
Everyone couldn't help but smile.
Chapter 5
After all three eye tests were finished, the optometrist sat down with Mum.
"The girls all did brilliantly."
Then she smiled at Elliscia.
"We've found that a pair of glasses will help your eyes see even more clearly."
Elliscia looked surprised for just a moment.
"Really?"
"They're simply going to help your eyes do their job."
Mum smiled warmly.
"We get to choose your very first pair."
Elliscia's eyes lit up.
"Really?"
"Really."
Chapter 6
The glasses wall was full of beautiful frames.
Elliscia tried blue ones.
Purple ones.
Pink ones.
Round ones.
Square ones.
Everyone gave their opinions.
"I like those!"
"No... try these!"
At last she put on one special blue pair.
Mum smiled immediately.
"I think we've found them."
Elliscia looked into the mirror.
She smiled.
"I love these."
They were perfect.
Chapter 7
The optician carefully measured where the lenses would sit.
"Keep your head nice and still."
Click.
Click.
A few tiny measurements later, everything was ready.
"Your glasses will soon be made especially for you."
Elliscia couldn't stop smiling.
"They're going to be my glasses."
Her very first pair.
Chapter 8
Before leaving, the girls looked around the shop one last time.
Sienna whispered,
"When I grow up, I want to try on lots of glasses too."
Alaïa giggled.
"I liked the moving chair best!"
Everyone laughed.
On the way home they talked about the funny machines, the puff of air and all the colourful frames.
It had turned into such a fun family adventure.
Chapter 9
A few days later, it was finally time.
Elliscia returned to collect her glasses.
The optician carefully placed them on her face.
"How do they feel?"
Elliscia blinked.
Then blinked again.
Her smile grew wider and wider.
"I can see every leaf on the trees!"
"I can read that sign!"
"The world looks so clear!"
Mum gave her a proud hug.
"They look wonderful on you."
Chapter 10
As the family walked home together, Elliscia looked all around her.
The clouds.
The flowers.
The tiny details on the buildings.
Everything looked sharper than ever before.
Sienna smiled.
"You look really cool in your glasses."
"So do I?" laughed Elliscia.
"The coolest," said Mum.
That day wasn't just about an eye test.
It wasn't just about glasses.
It was about trying something new, being brave and discovering that sometimes the world has been waiting all along to show you just how beautiful it really is.
And from that day on, every time Elliscia put on her glasses, she remembered the adventure that gave her...
A Whole New View.










Comments
Post a Comment