THE PIGEON WHO THOUGHT HE OWNED THE PARK!

 


THE PIGEON WHO THOUGHT HE OWNED THE PARK! 🐦

Intro

Every morning, Percy the pigeon stood proudly on his favourite bench and announced to every bird, squirrel and unsuspecting human...

"Welcome... to MY park!"

There was just one tiny problem.

The park didn't belong to Percy at all.

When new animals arrived, Percy made up ridiculous rules.

"No hopping on Tuesdays!"

"No flying before breakfast!"

"No ducks in puddles!"

"No squirrels near MY bench!"

The other animals couldn't stop laughing...

...until one day a very unexpected visitor arrived and gave Percy the biggest surprise of his life.

Could the bossiest pigeon in the world finally learn that sharing is far more fun than being the boss?


Chapter 1

The New Boss of the Park

Every morning, just as the sun peeked over the trees, Percy the pigeon flew straight to the tallest park bench.

He puffed out his chest.

He fluffed his feathers.

He cleared his throat.

"AHEM!"

Every squirrel stopped.

Every duck looked up.

Even the sleepy pigeons rolled their eyes.

Percy spread his wings dramatically.

"Good morning, everyone! Welcome to... MY PARK!"

A little robin whispered, "Does he know it isn't actually his?"

The squirrel giggled.

"I don't think so."

Percy continued proudly.

"I have spent many days sitting on this bench."

"I know every breadcrumb."

"Every tree."

"Every puddle."

"Therefore..."

"I am officially in charge!"

Nobody had voted.

Nobody had agreed.

But Percy didn't seem to notice.

Instead, he pulled out a tiny notebook.

"Time to announce today's rules!"

The animals sighed.

"Oh no..."


Chapter 2

Percy's Ridiculous Rules

Percy stood proudly on the bench.

Rule Number One!

"No hopping on Tuesdays!"

"But... today IS Tuesday," said a rabbit.

"Exactly!" replied Percy.

Rule Number Two!

"No flying before breakfast!"

A sparrow blinked.

"How are we supposed to GET breakfast?"

Percy thought for a moment.

"...You'll work it out."

Rule Number Three!

"No ducks in puddles!"

The ducks gasped.

"But... puddles are our favourite!"

Percy folded his wings.

"Not anymore."

Rule Number Four!

"No squirrels near MY bench!"

The squirrels looked at each other.

"Where exactly are we supposed to eat our acorns?"

Percy shrugged.

"Somewhere... less benchy."

Everyone stared.

The hedgehog quietly whispered,

"I think Percy might be the silliest pigeon in history."

Everyone tried not to laugh.


Chapter 3

The Great Breadcrumb Disaster

Later that morning, a family arrived carrying sandwiches.

"Breadcrumb alert!" shouted the sparrows.

All the birds flew towards the picnic.

Except Percy.

He landed first.

"STOP!"

Everyone froze.

"I shall inspect the breadcrumbs."

He waddled importantly around every crumb.

"Hmmm..."

"This one is too round."

"This one is too tiny."

"This one looks suspicious."

"This one... smells slightly cheesy."

The birds couldn't believe it.

Percy finally announced,

"I shall keep ALL the breadcrumbs."

"For safety."

He proudly gathered every crumb into one enormous pile.

Just then...

A gust of wind blew through the park.

WHOOSH!

Every breadcrumb flew into the air.

The pigeons chased them.

The sparrows chased them.

The ducks chased them.

Percy chased them...

...straight into the fountain!

SPLOOSH!

Only his beak was sticking out.

The whole park burst into laughter.

Even Percy couldn't help smiling a little.


Chapter 4

The Mysterious Stranger

The next day, Percy climbed back onto his bench.

"I am still the boss!" he declared.

Suddenly...

A huge shadow covered the bench.

Percy slowly looked up.

Standing beside him was...

The biggest goose anyone had ever seen.

She calmly looked down at Percy.

"Oh," she said.

"I've heard this park belongs to you."

Percy gulped.

"Er..."

"Mostly."

The goose smiled kindly.

"Wonderful."

"Because I'd like permission to hold the Annual Park Picnic."

Percy blinked.

"The... what?"

"A picnic."

"For every animal."

"There'll be seeds."

"Berries."

"Nuts."

"Bread."

"Pond games."

"Music."

"And dancing."

Every animal cheered.

Percy puffed out his feathers.

"Well..."

"I suppose I can allow it."

The goose nodded.

"Excellent."

"Then you'll also be organising it."

Percy's smile disappeared.

"What?"


Chapter 5

The Boss Has a Problem

Percy quickly realised being "the boss" wasn't nearly as fun as it sounded.

The rabbits wanted games.

The ducks wanted extra puddles.

The squirrels wanted acorn races.

The hedgehogs wanted quiet corners.

The pigeons wanted breadcrumbs.

The sparrows wanted singing.

Everyone kept asking Percy questions.

"Where should we sit?"

"When does it start?"

"Who's bringing the food?"

"What if it rains?"

Percy's head spun.

"I don't know!"

"I only wanted the fancy title!"

The wise old owl landed beside him.

"Being a leader isn't about telling everyone what to do."

"It's about helping everyone enjoy themselves."

Percy looked across the busy park.

For the first time...

He wondered if maybe...

Just maybe...

He'd been thinking about himself a little too much.

And somewhere behind the trees, the biggest surprise of all was just about to arrive...


Chapter 6

The Great Park Picnic

The morning of the picnic finally arrived.

Percy had hardly slept.

His feathers were sticking up in every direction.

He carried a tiny clipboard.

"Right!" he announced.

"Everyone... do... something!"

The squirrel raised a paw.

"What exactly?"

Percy froze.

"I... haven't thought that far."

The wise goose smiled.

"Let's work together."

Soon the whole park became wonderfully busy.

The rabbits laid out picnic blankets.

The ducks filled little puddles for games.

The squirrels collected shiny acorns for an acorn hunt.

The robins sang cheerful songs.

Even Percy found himself helping carry berries.

"This..." he puffed.

"...is actually quite fun!"

The owl smiled.

"Funny what happens when everyone works together."


Chapter 7

The Balloon Chase

Just as the picnic began...

WHOOSH!

A bright red balloon floated away into the trees.

"My balloon!" cried a little girl.

Without thinking, Percy leapt into the air.

"I'll save it!"

He zigzagged between branches.

He swooped past butterflies.

He dodged a buzzing bee.

The balloon floated higher.

Percy stretched as far as he could...

...SNAP!

He gently caught the string in his beak.

The whole park cheered as Percy carefully flew back.

The little girl hugged the balloon tightly.

"Thank you!"

Percy smiled proudly.

Helping someone felt much better than making silly rules.


Chapter 8

The Park Games

After lunch it was time for games.

First came the Acorn Roll.

The squirrels won easily.

Then came the Splash Race.

The ducks won without even trying.

Next was the Fastest Hop.

The rabbits bounced so quickly that everyone lost count.

Finally...

It was time for the Flying Obstacle Course.

Percy grinned.

"This one's mine!"

He zoomed through hoops.

Dived under branches.

Spun around a statue.

Then...

BONK!

He flew straight into a soft bush.

Leaves exploded everywhere.

The crowd burst into laughter.

Percy climbed out with a leaf stuck to his head.

He laughed louder than anyone else.

"I definitely didn't mean to do that..."

Everyone clapped anyway.


Chapter 9

The Biggest Surprise

As the sun began to set, the wise goose stood on the bench.

"I have an announcement."

Everyone gathered around.

She smiled at Percy.

"When I first met Percy, he thought being the boss meant giving orders."

Percy blushed.

"But today..."

"He carried food."

"He rescued a balloon."

"He helped organise games."

"He listened."

"He laughed."

"And most importantly..."

"He helped everyone have a wonderful day."

The animals all cheered.

Percy smiled shyly.

"I think..."

"...I'd rather be everyone's friend than everyone's boss."

The loudest cheer yet echoed across the park.


Chapter 10

Percy's New Rule

The next morning, Percy climbed onto his favourite bench once again.

The animals looked at each other.

"Oh no..."

"More rules..."

Percy smiled.

"I only have one."

Everyone waited.

He cleared his throat dramatically.

"Rule Number One..."

He paused.

"Everyone is welcome."

The ducks smiled.

The rabbits cheered.

The squirrels clapped their tiny paws.

The sparrows fluttered happily.

Even the hedgehog grinned.

Percy laughed.

"The park was never mine."

"It belongs to everyone."

From that day on, Percy still stood on his favourite bench every morning.

But instead of making silly rules, he greeted every visitor with a smile.

"Welcome to OUR park!"

And somehow...

That made the park feel even more magical.

The End


🌳 What We Learned

❤️ Being a good leader means helping others, not bossing them around.

🤝 Sharing makes everyone happier.

😊 It's okay to laugh at your own mistakes.

🌿 Everyone deserves to feel welcome.

🐦 The best friends don't try to own the park... they help everyone enjoy it together!

Comments

Popular Posts